National Homeland Security Knowledgebase Affordable Dental Care from DentalPlans.com

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

No cars on the lawn

Man gets a ticket for washing his car on the grass in his yard

By MIKE LESKO
Staff Writer

Aug. 25, 2005

BEDFORD —  A Bedford man said he doesn't want to live in the city if he is not permitted to wash his car on his front lawn.

"I've been parking my car on my grass for the last 40 or 50 years I've lived here," Wellmon Street resident Louis Sounik said.

It is in response to the city fining residents for parking vehicles on their front lawns. The fine is $5. Police cited Sounik last month.

"I came home and was going outside to wash my car on the front yard," he said.

"I went in my house to change clothes and pulled out a hose. Then I got a knock on the door and there was a policeman. He said I am not supposed to park on the grass."

When he told the officer he has been doing that for decades, he was told it is against the law.

"It was in 90-degree weather when we didn't have much water, and the policeman wrote me a ticket," he said.

Sounik said he doesn't mind the ticket but simply the idea that he can't park on the grass and wash his car.

"I don't want to live in Bedford if an individual can't wash his car on his property," he said.

City Manager Bob Reid summoned the officer and said Sounik was warned numerous times.

For the rest of the story, see your local Sun newspaper.

© 2005 Sun Newspapers
Go to Sun Newspapers
www.sunnews.com home page

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home